Monday, March 19, 2007

Walking Partners Needed

Now that my life has begun to settle down into a more regular routine (e.g., radiation appointment every day at 2:30pm, blood tests every Monday) I am finding that I can more regularly get out to exercise. And in fact, I really, really WANT to get out!! The chemo drugs are transported via the bloodstream and so the more I can get my circulation pumping, the more cancer cells will be found and swept away!

So if you are at all interested in joining me for some hikes, please contact Cindi Frame at cindidave@yahoo.com and let her know your availability. She has offered to pull together a schedule for me so that on any given day, I can figure out what time I am free to walk and call whomever is available at that time on the schedule. I am still feeling great, so my hikes in the next few weeks will continue to be "heart-pumping" climbs up the steeper Tennessee Valley trails until I can't do strenuous exercise anymore and then I will transition to more flat walks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie... come to Milwaukee and I will walk with you every day after work. I know you loved it when you were here so many years ago. It is finally getting to be nice walking weather.. and Lake Michigan can be so pretty when it doesn't stink :P I wish i had more vacation time because i would love to be out in Cali with you and the boys. I miss you much and think of you every day.. and how you give people like me strength every day!

Much love,

Your Cuz Sarah