Thursday, March 29, 2007

Quick Update

Not much new to report other than the fact that I have officially been hit by the chemoradiation symptoms. They came on hard and fast in the past couple days, the worst of which were completely debilitating stomach cramps all day today. I couldn't eat or drink anything (even water!) without being doubled over in pain. I finally got in to see my doctor and at his suggestion took both a pain-killer and an anti-nausea pill that seemed to help. After that, I was able to eat a fairly good dinner, read Luke a quick bedtime story and then I promptly crashed on the couch for the rest of the night. Unfortunately, the anti-nausea pills are also sleeping pills and so I was completely loopy within about 15 minutes after taking them so I'm not quite sure exactly what I read to Luke for a bedtime story, but luckily he can't read very well himself yet and so didn't question the story at all.

So now I'll likely be spending the remaining few weeks popping drugs like crazy to manage the pain, but hopefully that will at least keep me from having to be taken off the chemo (which the nurses were threatening today). I'm just taking it day by day...moment by moment...

No comments: