Monday, March 12, 2007

My Dad's Advice

Well, today is the big day. I have my radiation appointment in about 45 minutes and then I go to get connected to my continuous chemo pump (e.g., my "life line"). I am feeling very positive and surprisingly at ease right now. A simple, but impactful comment from my Dad keeps running through my head, which is helping me to stay focused. He said, "The sooner you get started, the sooner this will all be over!" Aren't dads the best for helping put things in perspective?? Thanks, Dad! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keeping you in our prayers for your radiation appointment/chemo pumping today.

Sending you a big hug!

Karen, Tom, Connor & Riley dog!

Anonymous said...

Julie:

When my journey started, and I was especially freaked out, my dad sent me a beautiful email. In it he talked about how I was going to be carried through this by Jesus even when I didn't know it. But he reminded me that so many others will be carrying me too and I may only be able to see that when it is "low Tide". But he remined me that low tide is when you can see the footprints in the sand and build your castles and dream. Dad's are THE BEST...but so are MOMS..which includes us!