Friday, April 13, 2007

My Birthday Surprise

I just wanted to write a quick note to let everyone know that I am doing fine. I know that it's been a couple days since I last wrote anything (and some people have very sweetly contacted us to inquire as to whether I am doing okay given the "silence" on my blog!) but I haven't written only because I have a good friend in town. My 39th birthday was Wednesday and for my birthday present Pete invited my best friend, Lisa, to come visit. She arrived while we were having dinner and I have never been more surprised or happy in my whole life!! Apparently, she and Pete have been planning this for almost a month but I had no idea (although it seems that I was the only one -- even Luke knew! Ha!) It was the best gift that Pete could have given me and he is such an amazing husband to even think of it!! I was feeling completely miserable all day on my birthday -- both physically and emotionally -- but seeing Lisa's smiling face and having her here to keep me laughing and feeling pampered these last few days has been so wonderful.

Anyway, I am now officially sick (so much for skipping the Easter party and church!!) and so have typical cold symptoms to add to my chemo and radiation symptoms. Ugh!! So Lisa and I are pretty much just laying around the house in our pajamas and doing "spa" kind of things (pedicure, massage, etc), so I can't complain too much. Plus, I only have 5 more days to go after this -- WOO HOO!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie
I just figured out how to post! Happy Birthday Girl !!! You are truly an inspiration and one of the strongest people I know , so keep kickin the bitches ass!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that Lisa made it! We thought that she might get stuck in Chicago with the snow when she got rerouted.
Hope the surprise company helps you tick off another few days!
Leah

Anonymous said...

4 to go!!!!
Love,
Shan