Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Million More Moments

This morning, Luke and I sat on our front porch bench waiting for our neighbor friends to show up (he was walking with them to school). While we were waiting, he started to sing and soon his singing got so loud that I joked that he would wake up the entire neighborhood. Of course, he thought this was hysterical and started singing even louder. In an attempt to quiet him down, I pulled him towards me and pinched his nose closed. This made him crack up and, of course, try to sing even louder (this time with a completely nasal voice!) Soon his little body was completely collapsed against mine, I had my arms wrapped around him while I held tight to his nose, and we were both laughing and laughing.

After our neighbor showed up and I kissed him good-bye and sent him on his way, I walked back into our house and couldn't help but think: God, you can take all my money and all my belongings; you can take everything that I own. But please, God, PLEASE give me my health and please, please, PLEASE give me a million more moments exactly like this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeay!! You made it. I know that you aren't at the top of the entire mountain yet, but you have made it over the first high ridge and that's worth a huge celebration!
Leah

Anonymous said...

Amen Julie, I am RIGHT there with you and I know it will be!