Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Chocolate Croissants

I was talking a few weeks ago with my neighbor, Steve, about the advice in my nutrition posting below. Steve shared with me that for the past year or so he and his wife have been trying to slowly move their family toward healthier eating habits (e.g., eating more veggies, fruits, whole grains, natural foods, etc). He and his wife are both doctors and so I am guessing that they have probably treated enough medical issues to realize how important good nutrition is for our bodies. During our conversation, one of the very funny comments that Steve made was "When you make a point of eating the foods that you are supposed to be eating, you don't really need to worry about whether the chocolate croissant at Starbucks has too many carbs." Basically, if you eat natural food of good quality, quantity tends to take care of itself. I laugh to myself every time I think of his comment -- it's oh-so-true!!

No comments: