Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Chemo Dose Reduced



At yesterday's doctor appointments, Dr Gullion (my chemo oncologist) decided to reduce my dose of chemo. He reviewed all the symptoms that I have been having and said that, in his experience, if he were to give me the same dose again this week that the symptoms would continue to escalate and could potentially spiral out of control. If this were to happen, they would be forced to stop both the radiation and the chemo treatment completely for about 2 weeks to allow my body to re-group and heal. This would obviously not be ideal since it would also give the tumor a chance to re-group and heal as well.

And so, while I was incredibly disappointed -- I kept telling him that my symptoms were still tolerable and that I was not ready to throw in the towel yet -- I also trust his judgment. He also reminded us that he has been giving me a very aggressive dose of chemo so far. So I keep holding on to the fact that, while I might be on a "regular" dose now, at least the Bitch got walloped by a mega dose for more than half of this treatment phase. Only 14 more days (and 11 more radiation treatments) to go!

By the way, the photo above was me at Dr Gullion's office getting my blood pressure taken. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
You look FABULOUS!! How do you manage so many good hair days with all you've got going on!!

An inspiration to all of us!!