Monday, September 10, 2007

Another Life Saved

I spoke with another friend of Pete's and mine this weekend about screening for colon cancer. Both she and her husband were prompted to get themselves screened based both on my experience and on the fact that one of their children was having some digestive issues that required attention (and so they wanted to ensure that there was nothing genetic going on.)

And it's a really, really great thing that they were so proactive! My friend got a clean bill of health, but her husband had FOUR pre-cancerous polyps removed! He is also 39 years old -- a solid 11 years away from the age when most insurance will cover colonoscopies.

I think that, rather than having a traffic counter on my blog, I need to figure out a way to keep track of all my wonderful friends and family who are getting themselves screened for colon cancer, since these are the statistics that would make me really, really happy! :)

No comments: