Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Lonely Tumor Graveyard

In my "Highlights" blog below, as I was writing the sentence about the tumor being "gone forever", I couldn't help but smile as I remembered a blog entry I wrote very early on that is worth repeating...

Conversations With The Bitch -- March 3, 2007
"Get out of my body, you miserable Bitch! You think that you are so strong, but you picked the wrong person to mess with. I have a ka-zillion trillion healthy cells in my body right now who are ready to kick your scrawny little one-million-celled ass! My liver is strong and my lungs are strong and there is no way in hell that they are going to let you in. I have friends who love me, I have an amazing husband who loves me, I have two beautiful children who love and need me, I have an incredible family who loves me and I have God on my side. You have no one -- NO ONE loves you! Everyone wants you DEAD! And if you don't believe me, just wait until next week when my doctors arrive because they are bringing the big guns and before you know it you will be lying dead in some lonely tumor graveyard and I will be running happy and free in this beautiful world!"

As scary as my upcoming surgery is, I will be so incredibly happy to know without a doubt that the cancer is finally out of my body. My poor body has been fighting this damn thing for so many years (and has done a pretty kick-ass job of keeping it in check, I might add, given how bad things could have gotten by now) and so I will be so relieved to finally be cancer free. I remember when I wrote that blog entry; we still had not even officially picked a start date for the treatment and so there was still so much uncertainty for me about when and how things would eventually unfold. But I vividly remember the run that I took which prompted the "conversation with the Bitch" and I remember feeling so much faith in my heart even then that everything was going to turn out okay and that I was strong enough to beat this. And so now, four months later, I take such comfort in the fact that the "big guns" did indeed arrive and they blasted the crap out of the Bitch and I can revel in the fact that she will, in fact, be gone off to some "lonely tumor graveyard" by next Friday afternoon. Adios, Bitch, adios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to see the good news. Keep up the fight, you'll be surprised how soon the surgery will be a distant memory, and you'll have days where you forgot any of this happened.