Friday, May 11, 2007

CT/PET Scan In Two Weeks

I have exactly two weeks until my CT/PET scan -- the appointment is Friday, May 25th at noon. Not that I am counting or anything...

At this point, May 25th is still far enough away that I am not wracked with anxiety yet, but it is soon enough that I find myself thinking about it. Specifically, I find myself wondering whether a person can really feel as great as I feel these days and yet get bad results back. I really do feel great -- the only "symptoms" I seem to have are ones caused by the chemo + radiation (e.g., fatigue and an occasional upset stomach). Doesn't this count for something? Doesn't it count that I feel really good? Is it safe for me to assume that the scans will come back with good news because of how great I feel? Or is cancer really that horribly evil?

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Yes. Yes. Yes. And no. Respectively.

When Michael Jordan went for his last jump shot in the final seconds against Utah in his last-ever championship series, do you think he was thinking, "Hmmm. Is it possible (as I am releasing this ball while temporarily suspended 3 feet in the air) that I could miss this shot, considering how confident I feel that it will go in? Does it count for anything that I feel supremely sure that this shot will sink? Does everything I have worked for and sweated over count for anything? Or is this certainty that I feel a myth?"

Do you know the outcome of that moment?

Go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WULyz1-OQc&mode=related&search=