Sunday, May 6, 2007

Laugh Therapy

Some good friends of ours sent Pete and I a bunch of hilarious stand-up comedian DVDs (e.g., Seinfeld, Dana Carvey, Johnny Carson, Robin Williams, etc). In the note that accompanied their gift, they wrote "We have parents and friends who have survived cancer and who believe without reservation that laughter is critical. We hope these make you laugh." Boy, have they ever!! We have watched them for the past three nights in a row and realized how much we have missed laughing in these past 3 months. Because of this we made a commitment to watch funny videos once or twice a week for the remainder of my treatment.

And so we need your help! Please send me an email and let me know your all-time favorite, laugh-out-loud videos so that we can begin to compile our list. My email address is juliewheelan@yahoo.com. And thanks in advance for the laugh therapy! :)

2 comments:

Mia King said...

The BBC version of THE OFFICE is hysterical! Darrin and I will brainstorm on some more - of course now that you've asked, we're drawing complete blanks ...

Darien (Mia) and Darrin Gee

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
I've been keeping tabs on you everyday and really look forward to your entries on how you and your family are doing. I made a point of watching living w/Cancer even before I saw it on your blog and it is very powerful and hopefully will touch many people so we know how important it is to support those w/this disease. I think of you daily and continue to pray for your health. Thinking of you and keep up the good work. You are doing all that one could hope for to set yourself up for ultimate success.
Love
Leigh Oshirak