Thursday, May 24, 2007

CT/PET Scan Tomorrow!!

I cannot believe that tomorrow is my CT/PET scan! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was ending Phase 1 of my treatment. Where the heck does the time go??

The kids and I were at our neighbor's house this evening playing in their backyard. While the kids played, my neighbor Cindy and I were talking about my upcoming scan. I told her that I am feeling really positive about the test -- I just cannot believe that the results could possibly come back bad given how good I feel. She agreed that I look really healthy and that she also feels positive about the results. And given that Cindy is a former UCSF doctor, I really value her opinion!! So I guess the question that remains to be answered is whether the mind (my mind, in particular!) is really able to "sense" what is going on in it's own body or whether cancer is really that evil??

Unfortunately, because of the Memorial Day weekend, we won't get the actual results of tomorrow's scan until next Wednesday. I am actually okay with this, though. Given what we went through in the first few weeks after I was diagnosed (e.g., the various doctors interpreting the results of my earlier scans differently and giving us different messages about whether I was stage 3 or stage 4) Pete and I are both feeling like we would rather give the doctors as much time as they need to all come to one consensus. We want one recommendation for treatment going forward, and if that takes them until Wednesday to figure out then so be it.

While I am on the topic of my scan tomorrow, I want to thank all of you who have sent me emails saying that I am in your prayers this week. I am so appreciative of all the love and support that I have received -- it definitely keeps me going!! So please think of me tomorrow around 12:30pm and I will think of all of you. Hopefully all the "love vibes" shooting around will kill any remaining cancer in my body. :)

No comments: