Friday, June 22, 2007

Feeling Stronger Every Day

It's been exactly 2 weeks since my surgery, which is so hard for me to believe. It seems like just yesterday that I was writing about being nervous and now it's all behind me! Granted, I was knocked out on morphine for the first 4-5 days, so that certainly helps the time to slip by unnoticed. Ha!

I am slowly getting stronger and stronger. Each day I notice that I am able to do a bit more than the day before. I am still not out hiking and am probably a good couple months away from going for a run, but I can finally bend over and pick things up off the ground when I drop them (which is handy in the shower when I drop the soap! ha!) and I can get out of bed in the morning without wincing and I am able to slowly walk about a 1/2 mile through the neighborhood....all little baby steps that will hopefully lead to bigger and bigger steps before long and eventually to the San Francisco marathon in 2008.

The hardest part is being confined to my house. Not that I have to stay here, it's just that I can't drive yet and, even if I could, once I get somewhere I can't walk very far anyway and so it's easier to just stay home. So here I sit in a state of forced relaxation, letting my body heal. Come on, body -- HEAL!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie,

You can't just get us totally addicted to your blog and then leave us hanging for weeks days! :-)

Hope you are healing well!