Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's Me Again!!

Hi -- It's me again! I'm alive! YIPPEE!!!

As Pete wrote, my surgery went really well. It's been far less painful than the first surgery (Thank God!) and so I am already up and walking around. The biggest issue this time is that I am completely bloated -- my stomach, arms, legs and face are about to burst! This happened because my blood pressure was dangerously low (75/40) and so the doctors kept ordering more and more IV fluids to re-hydrate me. I think that the nurses changed the IV bags about every hour . My blood pressure eventually went back up, but unfortunately, I am now about to burst -- ugh!! But once this resolves and I am able to start eating solid foods again (hopefully tomorrow) I'll be that much closer to going home. Yippee!

Ironically, being at the hospital has actually turned out to be a really "good" thing...Not sure if you have followed the weather reports, but the San Francisco area (and Mill Valley in particular) got hit by pretty nasty storms on Friday which threw the power out at our house for the past couple days. Add to that the fact that Luke came home from a playdate yesterday with a stomach virus. After throwing up at his friend's house (Sorry about that, Amy! I'll call you once I get out of the hospital to see if there is anything we can pay to have dry cleaned!) he continued to vomit and have runs for the rest of the night. Needless to say, I'm not too sad to have missed the barf-fest (and I don't feel guilty saying that because I know that he is getting very good care from his grandparents right now!)

So anyway, I am focused on healing as fast as I can. Unlike last time, I am much more coherent right now and so rapidly getting bored out of my mind being stuck here. I am ready to go home and resume my life (or at least take a shower!!) I wonder if my doctor would notice if I just stuck a large pin in my stomach and let some of the water out?? It's got to be faster than this "wait and see" method he is proposing....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're so happy for the update. We wanted to call, but know that you are probably swamped with calls and visitors and we know you need your rest. Just poop and be done with it so you can go home! Hang in there, trooper.
We love you.
Shannon