Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Climbing!!

I found this picture recently when I was going through some old photos in our basement...it's a picture of me climbing Camelback Mountain in Phoenix many years ago with my husband, Pete, and my good friend, Peter Craig.

That's Peter's head that you see in the foreground -- he was sitting at the top of the mountain yelling instructions and encouragement down to me as I climbed, just as he has done for me this past year (he's an emergency room doctor now and so was a valuable resource on the medical front early on.) And my hubby, Pete, is outside of the picture holding the other end of my rope. He had me on belay that day, ensuring that I didn't go crashing to the ground below, just as he has so successfully, patiently and lovingly done this whole past year as well.

No comments: