Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Am Normal!!!

YIPPEE! YIPPEE!! YIIIIIPPPPPEEEEE!! Dr Gullion called this afternoon to tell me that I am totally normal! WOO HOOOOOO!!! My dad, of course, set the record straight by informing me that I might be "cancer free" but I am definitely not normal. Ha!

In all seriousness, Dr Gullion reported that my CT/PET scan showed absolutely no signs of cancer anywhere. The radiologist was still able to see the spot of my liver, but again it did not "light up" on the PET scan and so it has been officially classified as a hemangeoma (e.g., cluster of blood vessels.) And the radiologist also specified that there are absolutely no signs of anything abnormal in my colon, kidneys, liver, lungs, gall bladder, or in the area of my abdomen where tissue was resected. Phew!

I told Dr Gullion that I just knew everything was going to be normal, but it sure is nice to hear it from him all the same.

No comments: