Sunday, November 4, 2007

Finally Feeling Better

Well, it's safe to say that I am finally starting to feel better -- HALLELUJAH!

It's been such a long week -- I definitely got really, really knocked out by this last round of chemo. I had all the usual symptoms -- neuropathy, hot flashes, severe headaches, fatigue, etc. -- but it seemed like they were all more intense and lasted longer this time. I think that this cycle was harder from an emotional standpoint as well. Previously, I knew that I only got two weeks in between cycles and so I wanted every day to drag on as long as possible. I wanted to pack as much living in between my chemo appointments as possible, and so I definitely turned a blind eye to some of my symptoms and plowed forward. By comparison, now that I am done with chemo, I find that I am so impatient. I just want these next few days and weeks to fly by!! I am so tired of feeling yucky -- I want to fast forward to the point that all my symptoms have faded and I am back to my old self again.

But, as is the story of this whole journey, I need to just take things one step at a time...Ugh!

No comments: