Thursday, July 5, 2007

Official Chemo Start - Monday 8am

I just got word from my doctor's office that my official start time for chemo will be Monday at 8am. YIKES -- I am nervous about starting!!

The fact that I will start on Monday rather than Tuesday is good, though. From what I have been able to gather, the chemo will make me feel pretty crappy for a few days afterwards, but then I will slowly feel better and better (until I go in two weeks later for the next round, that is.) But at least by starting on a Monday, the chances of me feeling well by the weekend are pretty good. Between my parents and our nanny, Anne, I have lots of help with the kids during the week so I'd prefer to feel awful while "all hands are on deck" rather than on the weekends when it's mostly just Pete and I with the kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! Yes, you can! If you can't do it, no one can! Just a few more hurdles for your climb. This is the start of the rest of your cancer-free life. Hang in there and know that Team Illinois is still rooting for you!
Love,
Shan

Anonymous said...

Monday the the beginning of the end of the war! Get the parade ready for your liberation from the BITCH!