Sunday, July 22, 2007

Chemo Round Two

I am off to my second chemo appointment tomorrow and am feeling a little more relaxed about it than last time. I am still really bummed to have to go (I am finally feeling much better...just in time to get knocked out again -- ugh!), but at least I know what to expect this time around and I know that it will just be a few days of feeling yucky. Last time, I didn't have any idea how long the symptoms would last, which I think is part of what made the whole process so hard.

Plus, when I went in to see Dr Gullion this week for my "check-in" appointment, he was not happy that I had lost another 5 pounds (even though I have gained 4 back already.) He said that I should not have been that nauseous for that long and so he has switched my anti-nausea meds around a bit. Hopefully, these new ones will do a better job so that I don't feel as sick. Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments: