Thursday, August 9, 2007

My Dear Friend, Bonnie


I just received an email from my friend, Bonnie's, husband. Bonnie lost her battle with leukemia and passed away at 8:45am this morning. As predicted by the team at UCSF, her white blood cells did not recover to aid in her fight against a lung infection that she contracted. She passed away in her sleep with minimal pain and discomfort, with her Aunt Hope and her husband by her side.

Ohhhhh, my heart is crying right now!! I have known for more than a week that this was going to be the likely outcome, but it doesn't make the ending any easier. It is so hard for me to comprehend that I will never see her again; that her husband and children will never see her again; that her laughter will never again fill the room. How does the mind begin to make sense of something like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie,

I'm so very very sorry for the loss of your friend Bonnie. I just can't tell you how sad I am I don't know except for through you. I will pray for her family and chidren and for you as well. Please know my thoughts are with all ofyou.
Big cyber hugs
Leigh Oshirak Schuberth