Thursday, August 23, 2007

Heartfelt Thanks!

I want to take a moment to say thank you again to the many, many friends (many of whom I know are reading this blog faithfully!) who have helped me and my family in so many ways these past months. The dinners, the contributions to my "Get Well" fund, the dog walks, the playdates for my children, the beautiful flowers, the cards and emails, the prayers, etc. -- they have all been so wonderful and such a source of comfort and inspiration for both Pete and I. I cannot express to you how these acts of kindness mean to us!!

The cards and emails with your words of encouragement are what keep me going on my hardest days. The yummy, healthy dinners enable me to spend more time with my children and to continue to exercise (which keeps the chemo drugs circulating fiercely around my body in search of cancer cells!) instead of being tied to the kitchen or fretting about whether my family is eating healthy. The "Get Well" funds have enabled me to pay for expensive medical treatments without going broke (such as the Neupogen shots that I now need to take to increase my white blood count and which cost $700 after insurance! yikes!) The playdates for Luke and Kyle have enabled me to rest and recover comfortably knowing that they are in safe hands. The flowers that I have received have added such brightness and happiness to our home, and the many (what must be hundreds by now!) of prayers that have been said in my honor have touched me immensely.

I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and family. And I treasure the fact that my children have learned first-hand what friendship truly means. So thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your incredible generosity and kindness!!

No comments: