Sunday, October 21, 2007

Treatment Delayed

I just got a sweet note from my aunt wishing me luck tomorrow for my last chemo session and I realized "Yikes -- I need to update my blog!!"

You see, I am not going to do my last chemo tomorrow. I decided (in agreement with my doctor) to delay my treatment for another week. A small group of friends have been planning a family-friendly group getaway for next weekend and I really, REALLY want to go. It's a wonderful group of friends and I would be so sad to have to miss it! And if I do chemo tomorrow then next weekend will inevitably be a bad weekend for me and we won't be able to go. When I mentioned this to my doctor, he agreed that delaying my last chemo by a week would not jeopardize my success since he has given me the maximum dosage every time and I have only had one other delay. Therefore, I willingly and enthusiastically afforded myself a much-needed emotional, soul-healing break.

So, I told my aunt that I'll hang onto her prayers and good wishes for one more week and bring them with me when I go in for my last treatment next Monday (October 29th) at 8am.

No comments: