Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Quick Update

Well, as it turns out, the downside of my feeling better is that my poor blog does not get updated as frequently! This is a "good" week and I have been feeling better since Sunday, so have been trying to pack lots of fun living into these past few days, including a trip to Half Moon Bay with Pete, the kids and my in-laws; a couple blood-pumping, chemo-circulating workouts; a very fun, ever-enlightening and laughter-filled visit from my old college roommate Ami; and a couple wonderful dinners with my in-laws and my parents (who have returned safely from visiting my grandma and my sister's family.)

And now I just finished packing like a crazy woman since Pete and I are heading off tomorrow for a 10th anniversary romantic getaway. We are going to a "adventure resort" (Double Eagle Resort) just east of Yosemite for 5 days of hiking, biking, spa-ing, and relaxing....ahhhh, I cannot wait!! This is exactly what I need to recharge my batteries before heading into chemo cycle #7 and exactly what Pete and I need to reconnect after many months of craziness. The only downside is that the HIGH temperature on Friday is projected to be 29 degrees - Yike! Oh well, I guess we'll just have to stay inside and snuggle! :)

Needless to say, you won't be hearing from me until next week, but know that we are off relaxing and enjoying life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I remember your beautiful wedding Juile... with the blue skies, family and friends and all the love in the air. I still remember when the butterflies were released. It was a very special day that I was so happy to be able to be part of.

I hope your trip is just as beautiful as that day was.

Love,

Your cousin Sarah

Anonymous said...

enjoy every special moment.