Thursday, October 11, 2007

Light the Night Walk

Because I will hopefully be feeling better next week, I have decided to take part in a fund-raiser for Leukemia & Lymphoma called Light the Night. Light The Night is the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's annual fund-raising walk to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by cancer. Each fall, teams of friends, families, and co-workers gather in cities and towns across America where they walk in twilight, holding illuminated balloons - white for survivors and red for supporters. I will be participating in the 3-mile walk next Thursday, October 18 at 5pm in memory and honor of my good friend, Bonnie, who died of leukemia on August 9, 2007 at the age of 40.

As I said in an earlier blog, I feel strongly that I must continue to carry the torch for Bonnie. It's part of the "debt" that I owe for being allowed to step back from the edge, when so many other young moms affected by cancer cannot. And I know that this is what Bonnie would have done for me if our situations were reversed.


If you live in the Bay Area and are free to join me that night for the walk, please send me an email and I'll give you all the details. Or if you cannot join in the walk, but are interested in making a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by sponsoring me for this walk, click here. Please DO NOT feel obligated to donate, however -- REALLY!! The most important thing that you can do is to just keep me and Bonnie (and every other young mom affected by cancer) in your thoughts and prayers on October 18th.

No comments: