Monday, July 23, 2007

Neuropathy

Okay, I think that it's safe to say that the chemo drugs have given me worse neuropathy (e.g., increased sensitivity to cold) this time than last. This afternoon, right after I ate some applesauce straight out of the fridge, our new neighbor called to see if we could get the kids together to play. I tried my best to talk with her and be friendly, but my lips suddenly felt like they were completely frozen and swollen. I couldn't even talk and I am sure that I sounded like a complete idiot!! I ended the conversation as quickly as I could and, unfortunately, I am pretty sure that I sounded completely rude and uninterested. I definitely need to call her and explain, but it's kind of an awkward thing to explain to someone who I just met... Anyway, the sensation luckily passed within a few minutes and I am back to normal now. Ugh -- chalk this up as one of the huge downsides of FOLFOX!

No comments: