Monday, July 2, 2007

Back to Normal

So after I posted my blog entry yesterday (the one about being soooo tired, blah, blah, blah..) I went out to walk my dog, Shadow, and actually made it all the way around the block -- which is a whole mile! Granted, it took me about twice as long as normal, but I did it!!

Pete didn't know about my mile-long walk (since he was at work when I went) and so as soon as he got home from work he gave me a big hug and asked how I was doing (he had read my blog at work and was worried about me based on what I had written.) With a huge smile on my face, though, I informed him, "I am fine now...I walked a mile today!" He just shook his head, laughed at me and told me that I need to put the following statement on my blog:

"Sorry for all the whining. I got it all out of my system and I'm back to normal now."

Some people might think that this is a cruel thing for a husband to say, but this is exactly why I love Pete so much. He is always available to hug and comfort me when I need it, but at the same time, he doesn't allow me any extra indulgent self-pity or whining (which I fully admit that I am prone to at times!)

No comments: